Zinc Picolinate 30 mg - 180 Capsules
If there was a super mineral, then zinc would be a contender. Zinc is an essential micronutrient that is crucial to more than 200 enzymatic reactions and plays a key role in growth, immune function, testosterone metabolism, and numerous other functions in your body.*
Clinical studies demonstrate zinc supplementation can increase general wellness, and that it has a beneficial impact on connective tissue, as well as reproductive and eye health.*
If the body has trouble absorbing a nutrient, then it can't obtain the nutrient’s benefits. Thorne offers two highly absorbable forms of zinc: Zinc Picolinate and Zinc Bisglycinate. Zinc Picolinate is zinc that is bound to the organic acid picolinic acid, which is naturally made in the body from the amino acid L-Tryptophan. Zinc Bisglycinate is zinc that is bound to two molecules of the amino acid glycine – creating a true amino acid chelate.
Benefits of Thorne’s Zinc supplement suite:
- Zinc is necessary for the development and function of the cells related to our immune response*
- Essential for activation of a certain group of white blood cells – called T-lymphocytes (T-cells) – that moderate the body’s inflammatory response during times of immune stress*
- Studies have found that the antioxidant-promoting properties of zinc help mitigate oxidative stress – a process that damages cells and tissues and can lead to several chronic health conditions*
- Promotes healthy skin and eyes*
- Needed to support the body's normal production of testosterone, a hormone essential for promoting lean muscle mass*
Serving Size: 1 Capsule
Servings Per Container: 180
- Zinc (as Zinc Picolinate) 30 mg
Other Ingredients: Microcrystalline Cellulose, Hypromellose (derived from cellulose) capsule, Leucine, Silicon Dioxide.
Take 1 capsule daily or as recommended by your health professional.
This product is contraindicated in an individual with a history of hypersensitivity to any of its ingredients.
If pregnant, consult your health-care practitioner before using this product.
Zinc can inhibit the absorption of copper. Long-term zinc supplementation should include copper in a 15:1 (Zn:Cu) ratio.